This is quite a common dish in the Philippines that is loved by Filipinos. It is healthy and delicious for anyone who is a fan of fish. It is simple to make for yourself or for friends and family. Children might like it for the sweet taste. So onto the recipe for Sweet and Sour Fish!
These are the ingredients needed for the fish.
35 oz of your preferred fish
1 cup of olive oil
½ tsp of salt
Now that you have all your ingredients ready and prepared, let us go into the actual cooking of the fish.
- Clean the fish thoroughly and put the ½ tsp of salt on it.
2. Preheat a pan and add the 1 cup of olive oil to it.
3. Add the 35 oz of your preferred fish to the pan of olive oil and cook it.
These are the ingredients needed for the sweet and sour sauce.
3 cloves of garlic
3 medium tomatoes chopped up
1 medium onion chopped up
3 tbsp of olive oil
.70 oz of ginger cut up lengthwise
¾ cup of water
2 medium carrots cut up lengthwise
2 medium red bell peppers cut up lengthwise
3 tbsp of all purpose flour
4 tbsp of sugar
1/8 cup of soy sauce
1/8 cup of vinegar
1 bundle of Chinese celery cut lengthwise (about 2 inches long)
Now that you have all your ingredients ready and prepared, let us go into the actual cooking.
- Dissolve the 3 tbsp of all purpose flour and 4 tbsp of sugar in a ½ cup of water.
2. Set the stove to a medium setting and preheat a pan for a couple of minutes.
3. After you have done that, put in the 3 tbsp of olive oil and wait a couple of minutes.
4. Add in the 3 cloves of garlic to the pan. Saute it and you will know it is finished when it turns a golden brown color.
5. Then add in the onions and saute that as well.
6. Put in the tomatoes in the pan and saute those too.
7. Next you will want to add the ginger as well as the red bell peppers to the pan. Saute them both.
8. Put in the ¾ cup of water, 1/8 cup of soy sauce, 1/8 cup of vinegar and carrots to the pan. Leave everything for 5 to 10 minutes.
9. Next add in the Chinese celery to the rest of the ingredients as well as the ½ cup of water with the 3 tbsp of all purpose flour and the 4 tbsp of sugar to the pan. Let it boil while you are constantly stirring everything.
10. Take your fish and put it on a plate and pour the sweet and sour sauce over it. You’re done!
I hope you liked this recipe. Bon appetit!